How to submit samples to Botanacor Laboratories
Note: Botanacor Laboratories is an Industrial Hemp testing facility. Only agricultural samples derived from Cannabis sativa L. that qualify as Industrial Hemp shall be sent for testing purposes.
What are the sample size requirements?
It is necessary that your sample size meets our minimum sample size requirements, which varies based on the type of test requested and the sample matrix being submitted.
- Biomass: 2 grams
- Concentrates: 1 gram
- Infused Products:
- Edibles: 4 units/pieces
- Tinctures: 1 mL
- Waters/Drinks: 60 mL or 1 resealable unit or 3 single use units (i.e. can)
Terpene Profile Analysis: 2 grams 2 mL
- We can’t perform Terpene Analysis on infused edibles/capsules. Please provide the concentrated oil.
- Plant Material: 2 grams
- Concentrates: 2 grams
- Please note, we do not provide pesticide testing on finished food/edible, or topical products. It is recommended that you control your upstream processes (i.e. verifying plant material and extracts are free from contaminants), thereby mitigating the necessity to test finished products for contaminants.
Residual Solvent Analysis: 1 gram / 1 mL
- Plant material/extracts/liquids: 3 grams
- Food products (gummies, pet treats, etc.): 2 units
- Microbial test samples must be in a separate sample container from samples submitted for all other testing.
Heavy Metal Testing:
- Plant material/extracts/liquids: 4 grams
- Food products (gummies, pet treats, etc.) 10 grams
- If your product is primarily solvent-based, please let us know on the Chain of Custody form.
Water Activity: 1 unit or no less than 2 grams
pH: 1 unit or no less than 20 mL
Density: 20 mL or 20 grams
Note: Sample sizes are per test. For example, if you require Cannabinoid Potency and Residual Solvent Analysis, you will need to submit 1 gram for each test.
- Hemp/biomass should be properly cured and ground to ensure a homogenous representation of your sample.
- Please note, due to the high volume of samples that we test on a daily basis, we do not provide any additional sample preparation for any product type.
Samples need to be properly labeled with the following information:
- COMPANY NAME
- SAMPLE NAME
- BATCH ID (optional)
- TEST TYPE
- TURN AROUND TIME
Chain of Custody Form
The Botanacor Chain of Custody form will help keep your samples organized and ensure that everything is processed in the most accurate manner possible. Please complete this form and include in your shipment.
It is best to send any supporting documentation that you may have with your samples. In the event that your package is selected for inspection, having any state or international cultivation/manufacturing licenses, or certificates of analysis, will expedite the release of your package. If registration is required under the hemp’s origin state, Botanacor may request evidence of any registration or certification.
Packaging your Samples
Ensuring sample integrity while in transit will be important to avoid any shipping or testing delays. We recommend packaging your samples in a dual container system.
- Please submit your samples in reinforced, resealable, labeled containers that are suitable for your product matrix.
- For glass containers, reinforce screw caps with adhesive tape.
- Affix a proper label to clearly identify the contents.
- To prevent breaking or leaking in transit, please reinforce your primary containers properly such as bubble wrap.
NOTE: In the event that the integrity of your sample is compromised while in transit, we will request a replacement sample.
When your samples are prepped and ready for submission, be sure to package everything in a sturdy shipping box, as opposed to an envelope.
Please submit a completed chain of custody form as well as labeled samples in your package.
Please send samples to:
Attn: Sample Receiving
1301 S. Jason S. Unit J
Denver, CO, 80223 USA
We accept checks or credit cards. If paying with a credit card, check the box for “Credit Card” and our accountant will email an invoice to the billing contact on file within 3 business days; this will not delay testing.